Monday 13 May 2013

What Are the 21 Myths and 30 Truths About Hypnosis?

I first had the privilege of working with my first client using hypnotherapy in 1990 - 23 years ago.

Over the years, I have experienced change first hand with people.  Some of these people were desperate having spent years and a huge amount of money seeking help elsewhere.  There is nothing more rewarding than hearing those simple words, "Thank you for all you have done for me."  The truth is that I do not have a magic wand but work with my client's own inner resources to effect change.

Sometimes what needs to be changed is so obvious to me that I wonder how the person has not found the solution themselves but of course that is problem; we can become so invested in our own problem that we cannot see any way out, or simply refuse to believe there is a way out.

When someone says, "I've tried everything and I finally found what I needed", then I know my day was worthwhile.

Yet despite all the evidence of hypnosis being such a powerful tool for change, I still hear such nonsense and false beliefs about what hypnosis is and more amusingly, what it isn't.

I wanted to dispel these myths once and for all and counter them with some truths about the simple truths and how hypnosis is used everyday, somewhere in the world, for an amazing variety of applications.  You may know that hypnosis is effective in stopping people smoking - in fact the most effective method there is - but did you know that hypnosis is used to help the process in a woman's mind who is undergoing fertility treatment to fall pregnant?  We call this simply Hypno-fertility.  Or that hypnosis is now medically recognized in the UK as helping sufferers of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).

When cynics say, "It's all in the mind", be glad because it really is!  Hypnosis works with the deep, hidden unconscious or subconscious mind where all permanent change must take place.  Just trying to do something consciously rarely works.  (Terrible word "try"; it sets the mind up for possible failure.)

I have written an e-book "21 Myths & 30 Truths About Hypnosis".  You can receive it free simply by visiting www.21HypnosisMyths.com  You will also receive occasional information from me in your email inbox about applying Hypnosis, NLP and Personal Development to effect the change you want in your life.

Click here to visit www.21HypnosisMyths.com now.



©Antonia Harrison 2013. 

No comments: