Wednesday, 22 May 2013

90% of Our Mind is Beyond Our Conscious Control

"If only I could find a way to......"  We know what we want but somehow cannot quite achieve it.  Why is this?  

Only 10% of our brain is conscious thought ie the bits we control.  The other 90% is unconscious or subconscious and hidden deep in our mind.  It is said that every person we have ever seen, every doorway we have walked through, every comment we have ever heard etc - are all stored deep within us.  You know the feeling when you cannot remember a name or a word and say, "Oh, it's on the tip of my tongue" then hours later you remember?  That is dragging the information out of our subconscious mind.  We never really forget anything.  Everything we learned at school, every word of a foreign language - it is all there somewhere.

So what?

A lot of this information is positive but much of it is negative.  Throwaway comments made about us as a child.  Other people's beliefs we heard.  All of this impacts who we become, the values and beliefs we hold and the habits and behaviours we develop.  We know we want to lose weight yet yo-yo diet for decades until we find out that it all goes back to a comment made when we were 12 which was forgotten consciously...but stored unconsciously.  

It is like a battle between the two parts of the mind only as the subconscious mind is so much larger and outside our conscious control, we do not even know what we are battling against.

The good news is that hypnosis can help reach that subconscious mind and rewrite the programming.  Under deep physical and mental relaxation, hypnosis bypasses the critical factor between the conscious and the subconscious allowing positive hypnotic suggestions to replace the negative ones.  

All permanent change must take place at this subconscious level.  Saying affirmations over and over, day after day, may eventually get through but hypnosis can make the change quickly, often in just a single session.

Hypnosis works with your own powerful subconscious mind to stop smoking in one session; shed unwanted weight and finally control your eating habits; overcome fears, phobias and habits; give you greater self-confidence; improve how you cope with stress, worry, anxiety and change and improves many stress-related health issues.  Hypnosis is suitable for everyone over the age of seven and children really enjoy hypnosis.

When would now be a good time to change?

Antonia Harrison is the English Skype Hypnotist.  Download the free ebook "21 Myths and 30 Truths About Hypnosis" at

No comments: