You want the best for your children and it pains you to see them unhappy, without friends, struggling at school, lacking confidence or plagued by an unwanted habit, fear or phobia. Talking to them does not solve the problem and the doctor just says they will grow out of it. But you want to help your child now. Good. I can help. I am a Mum and know how precious children are and have lots of experience helping children using hypnosis.
Children really enjoy hypnosis. They love the “magic chair”, pretending to “fly on a magic carpet” or seeing themselves “scoring the winning goal”.
Any parent knows that children pretty much live in a trance state. Call it daydreaming if you like but they can easily be somewhere else in a flash. In fact younger children can enter hypnosis with their eyes open and not even sitting still.
Children also respond well to hypnosis and there are several key areas which bring effective results ie habits; self-confidence and overcoming shyness; coping with pressure at school and exam nerves; coping with divorce or death in the family and chronic health conditions.
As with an adult, there is far more going on in the subconscious mind (below the water) than in the conscious tip of an iceberg (above the water). Even at a young age, a child has already clocked up thousands of experiences, any one of which could be causing a problem. You only have to read how big a problem child obesity and eating disorders are becoming to know that is true.
What sort of problems do I help?
- Habits eg bedwetting, thumbsucking, hairpulling.
My blog post on the Ericksonian Approach to Thumbsucking
- Fears and phobias such as spiders, dogs, school, needles, blood, medical treatment, the dentist, the dark.
- Weight problems, obesity, eating disorders ie anorexia or bulimia and fussy eating.
- Children can be badly affected by divorce, arrival of a new step-parent, a new sibling or a death in the family. I know. Don’t let your child carry these issues into adulthood and affect their relationships.
- Children can hate school because they are being bullied, are left out, are shy or a favourite teacher has left. They cannot concentrate because the teaching methods do not match how they need to learn. That is where my NLP skills can help.
- Children are under tremendous pressure in these uncertain economic times. Competition is fierce and the need to do well at school is paramount. Some sail through but many suffer from stress and bad exam nerves. Occasionally we hear the sad news of a teenager ending their life because of the stress. It can be avoided.
“I can’t thank you enough for helping my daughter (16) through her exams. She was so stressed, had developed an eating disorder and was even cutting herself. She is a changed girl and this is all thanks to you. She scored excellent results in her exams and now has confidence. She has gone to China for a year to work as an au pair. This was unthinkable before you helped her. ” - Eva, Sweden
Whatever problem your child has, I would like to help. I have the knowledge and experience to do so.